Main content start
Other programs centered on the ideals and practices of civic education and academic freedom
- The Zephyr Institute is SCI’s off-campus partner. It is a community of scholars, students and professionals committed to gaining a fuller understanding of the human person and the common good.
- The newly-founded non-partisan Academic Freedom Alliance was created to defend the freedom of expression of faculty at American colleges and universities. Its 200 inaugural members included 15 Stanford Professors and Hoover Senior Fellows.
- The Heterodox Academy is a group of 4,400+ professors, administrators, K-12 educators, staff & students who believe diverse viewpoints & open inquiry are critical to research & learning.
- Harvard’s Safra Center has inaugurated a major program centered on the education of citizens: the DKP Design Studio.
- The Institute for the Study of Human Flourishing at the University of Oklahoma aims at revitalizing and renewing the study and cultivation of virtue in higher education, advancing the study of virtue through leadership in virtue research.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation's Paidea Program at the University of Pennsylvania is designed to provide undergraduates with the knowledge, skills, and ethical frameworks necessary to be informed, engaged, and effective community members, and to lead fulfilling and integrated personal, professional, and civic lives.